The world is urbanising at an unprecedented rate. By 2050 almost 70% of the world’s population will live in urban areas and 90% of this increase will be in Africa and Asia. Reall is building the climate-smart affordable homes movement to respond to this opportunity with market-based solutions.
Between 2014-2020 Reall implemented a sector-leading affordable housing programme co-financed by the UK and Swedish governments. Today, we are launching the results of our investments during this period and celebrating its catalytic impacts on Africa and Asia’s housing markets:
- Provided housing for 60k people
- Unlocked affordable housing finance for 41k clients
- Created 60k new jobs
- Strengthened strategic relationships in 15 countries
The success of this programme provides powerful proof of concept of the investable proposition of affordable homes. Building on these achievements, Reall has a compelling strategy for scaling up and tackling this global challenge to improve the lives of 100 million people in urban Africa and Asia by 2030. Reall and our partners are driving positive impacts on climate change, economic sustainability and equality, whilst contributing to 16 out of 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Make an impact by investing in our work
- Find out about Reall’s affordable housing projects on our Data Dashboard
- Read the real life stories of families who have had their lives transformed through Reall’s affordable housing
- Sign up for Reall Talk – our digital newsletter