Reall is proud to announce the launch of collaborative new research intelligence, developed with the Centre for Affordable Housing Finance in Africa (CAHF) and 71point4, which pioneers a set of ground-breaking, Market Shaping Indicators (MSI). This work revolutionises the way sector experts access and share data, driving forward solutions in the affordable housing space.
Barriers to accurate sector intelligence
- In many cases, key market data is not accessible, shared publicly, out of date, and difficult to interpret
- Many countries lack the resources needed to collate data and can fail to appreciate the value of data in unlocking housing markets
- In the formal housing process, data is often an output of administrative processes that govern the supply chain, leading to inaccurate results and analysis
Bridging the market data gap
- The MSI’s consist of 117 indicators throughout the housing value chain, compiled from an extensive range of international, national, and local sources
- Data has been collected from nine countries to date (Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Mozambique, Morocco, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda), soon to be rolled out in Pakistan and India
- The use of more accurate and transparent data serves as market infrastructure and improves decision-making, enables market segmentation, and facilitates risk management
- The work will catalyse supporting authorities to digitise and streamline processes – working towards a longer-term, strategic intervention that supports the development of the affordable housing sector
Ben Atkinson, Research, Evidence & Learning Manager at Reall, said: “The MSI work acts as a key advocacy tool, highlighting the importance of data, and building relationships with data holders to improve availability, quality, and accuracy across the whole housing value chain. Ultimately this helps to give stakeholders the intelligence they need to help people on low incomes into safe and affordable housing with all the social and economic benefits that brings”.
Unlocking market intelligence for the affordable housing sector: Launching the Market Shaping Indicators Webinar
Live on Zoom, 15th July, 2PM SAST | 1PM BST.
Join us online to hear from the sector experts that developed this ground-breaking initiative. Panel speakers will take a deeper look into the MSI work, drawing out scalable learnings and exploring the data stories that inspired this collaborative project.
- Watch the full MSI Webinar recording
- Find out about Reall’s affordable housing projects on our Data Dashboard
- Make an impact by investing in our work
- Sign up for Reall Talk – our digital newsletter