As part of Stockholm International Water Institute’s (SIWI) World Water Week, Reall are hosting a webinar to engage, share and showcase opportunities for urban climate and water resilience in emerging markets and the transformative role of affordable housing and urban planning – especially in a post pandemic world.
- Globally 2.1 billion people do not have a supply of clean water in their home, while 2.3 billion people lack any basic sanitation services
- By 2050, over 5.5 billion people will face water scarcity for at least one month every year due to climate change
- Globally, diarrhoea caused by dirty water and poor toilets kills a child under five every two minutes. Enabling families on a low income to gain access to affordable homes with toilets and running water would cut the number of diarrhoeal deaths by a third
- In Africa, children living in housing with water and sanitation have 18% reduced mortality from malaria, 17% reduction from stunting, 13% reduction from anaemia, and 8% reduced mortality from diarrhoea
- Mothers with in-home, piped water supplies are three times more likely to regularly wash their hands than mothers using wells or public standpipes helping to stop the spread of disease
- Reall pioneer the $10K house, a complete unit with water, sanitation, energy and land tenure
- Over 450,000 people living on a low income in urban Africa and Asia have benefitted from improved water supply, through Reall’s affordable housing
- Over 1.1 million people on low incomes in urban Africa and Asia have benefitted from improved sanitation, through Reall’s affordable housing
- Covid-19 has highlighted that decent, sanitary and affordable homes with running water, and enough space is a frontline defence against the health and economic impacts of pandemics
Reall’s ground breaking affordable housing model gives families access to clean, safe water. Empowering people and making societies more resilient to future pandemics.
Urban Housing, Water & Climate resilience in the post-Covid world webinar
Find out more and book your place now.