To mark Africa Climate Week, (26-29 September), Reall spotlight our African green building partners that are implementing alternative construction methods – demonstrating scalable solutions to greening the built environment, ahead of the pivotal Climate Change Conference, COP26.
Green delivery partners
Our climate-smart partners are disrupting the construction market with pioneering technologies and materials.
- 14Trees are pioneering 3D printing for affordable housing in Africa – technology that reduces the carbon footprint of homes by up to 70%, and reduces waste to virtually zero. Reall’s collaboration with 14Trees supports them in becoming the first developer to deliver a 3D printed home in Kenya
Learn more about 14 Trees (PDF, 2 pages, 1MB)
Smart Havens Africa, Uganda
- Smart Havens Africa build homes with innovative interlocking compressed earth bricks. These bricks minimise the use of cement and require no firing, dramatically reducing CO2 emissions
Learn more about Smart Havens (PDF, 2 pages, 1MB)
BuildX Studio, Kenya
- BuildX Studio use a sustainable affordable homes model focused on low-carbon materials, that is planned to reach EGDE certification. They pioneer a circular housing economy – where waste and emissions are minimised whilst recycling and reuse are maximised
Learn more about BuildX Studio (PDF, 2 pages, 1MB)
Casa Real, Mozambique
- Casa Real champion resilient, affordable housing that protects against the disasters of climate change. Learn about How Casa Real’s homes withstood Cyclone Idai. Casa Real are also working on a new low-carbon housing model with Empowa Africa
- Casa Real received sector recognition as a finalist for Africa Property Investments (API)‘s Best Affordable Housing Project Award
Reall’s climate commitments
- Reall ensure all housing investments in Africa are EDGE certified – we are taking key steps to retrospectively ‘green’ our existing and developing Africa portfolio
- Reall’s recent pledge to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Race To Zero Campaign commits to being carbon neutral by 2030. Learn more about Race To Zero
- We are proud members of UK Green Building Council (UKGBC) and The Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction (GlobalABC)
As an investor and innovator in climate-smart affordable housing, Reall delivers green building solutions that don’t cost the earth. We drive affordable, green-certified homes that both mitigate carbon emissions and embed sustainable resilience across vulnerable communities – transforming the lives of millions across Africa.
- Read our report on Tackling climate change and promoting environmental resilience through affordable housing
- Hear from Dev Maya – How affordable homes can protect lives from natural disaster
- Make an impact by investing in our work
- Find out about Reall’s affordable housing projects on our Data Dashboard