On World Habitat Day, Reall join international organisations to address the urgent need for housing for all.
Hear from Reall’s Sima, as she describes the explosive urban growth coming and explains how Reall are showcasing the cross-cutting benefits of affordable housing.
The global urbanisation crisis in numbers
- Globally 1.2 billion people are without decent shelter, this is set to rise to 2 billion by 2030
- 90% of urban growth over the next decade will be in Africa and Asia, where there’s already a housing deficit of at least 250 million
- 300 million new homes will be needed by 2030 to satisfy demand
- Reall pioneer the commercially viable $10K house – proving the concept by building the most affordable housing in Africa in 2019 in Nigeria for $8K
- We crowd-in governments, developers and the private and public sectors to take to scale
- Using cutting-edge innovation, climate-smart technology, data and brokering we transform housing markets for families in the bottom 40% of the income pyramid
- Working in collaboration, we broker change by unblocking systemic barriers to affordable housing
Tackling urbanisation through affordable housing is an opportunity to create pandemic resilient, climate-smart cities of the future.
- Make an impact by investing in our work
- Find out about Reall’s affordable housing projects on our Data Dashboard
- Sign up for Reall Talk – our digital newsletter