Reall Privacy Statement
Reall is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our website. This privacy statement explains how we collect, use and store any personal information we collect about you when you use this website: www.reall.net
Reall is a company limited by guarantee (company number 2713841), and also a charity registered in England and Wales (charity number 1017255) and in Scotland (charity number SC041976).
Reall’s registered address is: 8 – 14 Harnall Row, Coventry, CV1 5DR. This Privacy Statement applies to the general public, our members and supporters, Directors and Trustees, employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, and to information that is obtained by Reall, and for which Reall is the Data Controller.
To enable Reall to fulfil its objectives, we collect and use personal information. It is of the utmost importance to us that we are open and honest about the information that we collect and the way in which we use it, and that we do so in a manner that is lawful and respectful of people’s privacy.
Holding and Processing Personal Information
Reall stores and processes personal information for a number of reasons:
- To record donations made to Reall by supporters
- To process donations made through Reall’s website or over the telephone
- To record any activities by our supporters in aid of Reall, and provide support if requested
- To communicate with supporters
- To send marketing communications to those supporters who have indicated that they wish to receive them
- To process claims for Gift Aid, where we are able to claim this on donations received
- To comply with legal obligations, for example keeping financial records for at least seven years, or holding bank details for staff payroll administration purposes
- To make sure that we do not send information or communications to people who have requested not to be contacted by Reall
Types of Personal Information Reall Collects
We will only collect personal information that is relevant to your interaction with Reall. If you make a donation to Reall, sign up to receive our newsletters, enrol in an event, contact Reall by post, telephone, e-mail, or if you engage with Reall through social media, then we may collect personal information such as:
- Your name
- Your e-mail addresses
- Your postal address
- Your telephone numbers
- Your bank account details or credit card details to process donations
- Whether or not you are a UK tax payer, for Gift Aid purposes
- If you take part in an event, then we may, with your permission, take photographs of you
- We will only collect sensitive personal information, such as health information, where there is a clear and specific reason for doing so, for example if you are participating in an activity or event or need to access our offices. This information will only be used to ensure that we provide the support and facilities needed
All personal information is stored on a secure database, to which only a limited number of staff have access. Personal information is deleted when it is no longer needed, and anyone can request to see the information that we hold on them at any time.
Collecting Personal Information
There are several ways in which Reall collects your personal information:
- Directly – this is where you have given us your personal information directly, for example when you made a donation, when you signed up to receive newsletters on our website, or when you took part in an event organised by Reall.
- Indirectly – you may give us your personal information indirectly when you support Reall by signing up to take part in events not organised by Reall, for example the London Marathon, or when you contribute to Reall through fundraising websites such as JustGiving or VirginMoneyGiving. These independent third parties will pass your personal information to Reall where you have indicated that you want to support Reall and have given your consent, or if it is necessary in order to complete a contract with you.
- When you use Reall’s social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. The information that we receive will be dependent on your settings in your accounts with social media services, and on the social media service’s privacy policies. If you wish to change your settings on any of these services, then please refer to their privacy policies, which should tell you how to do this.
- Our site uses a number of unobtrusive cookies to make the site work properly and to collect anonymous site statistics through Google Analytics. You can turn off cookies using the Control tab at the bottom left of the page.
- The following cookies are used on our website:
- Our site also uses a session cookie called ASP.NET_SessionId. This cookie is necessary for site functionality and is set even if you do not give your consent. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information and is deleted when you close your browser.
- If you do not want cookies to be stored on your computer is possible to disable this function within your browser. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools, click on Settings, click on the Privacy tab and then choose the level of privacy you want. In Firefox, click on Tools, click on Options, click on Privacy, click on the Cookies tab and choose the level of privacy you want. In Safari, click Preferences, select the security icon and choose the level of privacy you want.
- For more information about cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
- Reall’s website sometimes includes links to websites that are owned and controlled by other organisations. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies and cookie policies that will govern the collection of personal information. Reall cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of these third-party websites.
Legal Bases Under Data Protection Legislation
There are a number of different bases set out under data protection legislation for organisations to use to collect and process your personal data. Reall uses the following bases under data protection legislation:
- Consent – wherever possible we will ask for your consent to send you information, and give you a clear choice as to the channels you want us to use, for example e-mail, post, telephone
- Legal compliance – there are circumstances under which the law requires us to collect and process your personal data, for example, if you sign up to the Gift Aid Scheme we will need to process your data for the purpose of submitting a Gift Aid claim to HMRC
- Legitimate interest – there may be situations where we need to process data in order to carry out a task, such as enrolling you to take part in or run an event, or plan a fundraising campaign
Sending Marketing Information
Reall will only contact you for marketing purposes, to keep you up to date with Reall’s work and how you can support it, where we have your consent, or we are otherwise allowed to do so.
- We will have a simple way for you to tell us if you would like to receive marketing information from Reall, and the channels through which you would like to receive it, such as e-mail, post, text messages. We will also have a simple way for you to withdraw consent, or to change the way in which we communicate with you, at any time.
- Where you have given your consent for Reall to send you marketing communications, we will deem that consent to last until such time as you withdraw it.
How Reall will Use Personal Information
Reall will predominantly use your personal information for administrative reasons, and this includes:
- Keeping a record of your relationship with Reall
- Administering and acknowledging any donations that you make to Reall
- Your tax status with regard to claiming Gift Aid on donations that you make
- Sending you newsletters if you have signed up to receive these on our website
- Responding to any communication that we receive, whether this is a letter, e-mail, telephone call, text message, social media contact, or other means
- Providing information to anyone who is taking part in an event in aid of Reall
- To keep your information up to date, we may contact you from time-to-time to ensure that we have your correct information and contact preferences
- To implement any instructions that we are given if you withdraw consent, request to be forgotten, changes to your contact preferences, etc.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users of Reall’s website, to establish the number of visits from different places or countries
Reall will also use your personal information for marketing and fundraising purposes, which have already been described above. Reall will only use your personal information internally within the organisation. Reall will never share your personal information with, or sell it to, anyone else. Neither will you receive information from other companies, charities, or organisations because you have given personal information to Reall.
Updating Your Personal Information or Changing Your Contact Preferences
It is important to Reall that we communicate with you in the way that is best for you, and with the information that you want to see. If you want to update the information that we hold for you, or change the way in which we communicate with you, then please contact us as follows:
- E-mail us on email@example.com
- Telephone us on 024 7509 3340
- Use our website contact page: https://www.reall.net/contact-us/
- Write to us at: Reall, 8 – 14 Harnall Row, Coventry, CV1 5DR
We will endeavour to process any changes within 48 hours of receipt.
Keeping your Personal Information Safe
The security of our network and all of the data that we hold, including personal information, is of paramount importance to Reall.
- Our computer network has the highest levels of protection and is regularly monitored. All online forms are encrypted to ensure data security.
- Only relevant staff have access to our database of personal information, and they have received appropriate training, including data protection.
Your Rights Regarding Reall’s Use of Your Personal Information
It is important that you understand your rights regarding the use of your personal information. This includes your rights to see, update, restrict, object to the use of, and withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
You may have the right to request:
- To see the personal information that we hold for you and how we first received or obtained your details
- To correct any information that is either incorrect or out-of-date
- To change the way in which we communicate with you
- To stop receiving communications from Reall
- To be forgotten, which is for your personal information to be deleted from our systems
o You have the right to request to see a copy of the personal information that we hold for you. We will provide this as soon as possible, and within a month unless we notify you of any specific reason why it is not possible
o You may request that we update or correct your personal information at any time
o You may request a change in the way that we communicate with you at any time
o You may request that we stop sending you communications via some or all channels, and we will always comply with your request
o If requested, we will delete all your personal information from our systems, or as much as we are allowed according to legislation and regulations. For example, if you have made donations to Reall, then HMRC rules dictate that we have to keep this information for seven years
You may contact us with any of these requests at any time, see the methods of contact above.
In order to protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity when you make any of the above requests.
Recruitment at Reall
- If you apply for a job with Reall, then we will receive and store the personal information that you provide in your covering letter, CV, application form, or any other details that you provide.
- This is likely to include your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, information on your education and previous employers, as well as any skills and experiences that you describe in your application.
- This information will be stored securely on our system, and for those candidates who are not offered the position in question, their recruitment information will be deleted after a period of two years has elapsed.
- The candidate who is selected for the role will have their information transferred to their personnel file, where it will be kept for a period of ten years after the date that they leave Reall’s employment.
Working With Reall
As an employee of Reall, there is personal information that it is necessary for us to obtain, store, and process for the purposes of your employment, and to undertake the relevant administration necessary to pay your salary and make payments to HMRC and your pension provider.
This includes your:
- Full name
- Postal address
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail addresses
- Date of birth
- National Insurance Number
- Passport details and any visa or permit information necessary to prove you are able to live and work in the UK
- Bank details for payroll purposes
- Details of your referees and the references they provided
- Details of your emergency contacts
- If you are in a role that includes overseas travel, then the information we hold will also include health information and details of vaccinations, etc. in order for us to carry out our responsibilities around duty of care for our employees.
This information is stored securely on our system in personnel files, to which access is restricted to a very small number of relevant employees and is kept for a period of ten years after your employment with Reall ends.
To notify us of changes to your details, tell us that you do not wish to receive any future information or updates from us, or if you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 02475 093 340 You may also write to us at Reall, 8-14 Harnall Row, Coventry, CV1 5DR.